Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two Surprises in One Day

Today I finished my last first grade reading book. Because I finished have finished all these books, my mama bought me a new hermit crab. This is a picture of him exploring his new accommodations.
Hermit crabs are very accommodating pets. They don't pinch you very often, if your careful. I named my new hermit crab, Mr. Vince, short for Invincible, because nothing would stop him. He even walked over my other hermit crab when he was in the way.

Shortly after we put him in the cage, he walked over to an empty shell. "Oh, this shell is particularly beautiful. My shell is getting pretty much too small for me. I think I'll get a new shell. Is there anyone watching me? No, Hermie is sleeping. Here I go! Whew! I changed shells and no one saw me do it."

A few hours later, my other hermit crab, Hermie, walked over to Vince's now empty shell. "Oh, I like this shell. This is a nice shell. I think I'll move. I saw another hermit crab using this shell. He must have moved. Now I'll I'll just look around and see if he is watching. He isn't. Hurray! He's walking toward the cave. Now all I have to do is get out of this shell. Out I come. I'm out! I'm running as fast as I can to get it in. Whew! I'm in! I made it!"

5 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

What an interesting story about your hermit crabs! I like how you put yourself in their place and wrote what you might be saying if you were a hermit crab! It made it very interesting and real from the perspective of the crabs!

Keep up the good work! I enjoy your creative writing!

LaTeaDah

Teresa said...

Way to go on your reading Forrest! I liked hearing about your new crab!

Pamela said...

getting pinched is once too often for me.

They are kinda cute to look at though.

Frog Lover said...

Your hermit crabs are cool. I like the story about your hermit crabs and how they changed shells.

Tomorrow I'm going to put up a new post.

Shady Gardener said...

Your hermit crabs are really cute. I had two hermit crabs a long time ago. They died. I really liked them, though. I liked your story.

My name is Horse Lover. I'm a friend of Shady Gardener, too.