Friday, April 25, 2008

CeCe, the Melon Eater

Cece like cantaloupe!

My sister gave her a cantaloupe rind one spring morning. CeCe sniffed it. "
Mmm! It smells good," she said to herself. "I think I will eat just a little bit. No one will really mind. Mmm! I'll eat a little more. This is really good, actually! I like it. I'll eat all of it. Lick. Slurp. Lick. Slurp." Before long she ate every single bit of it.

My sister gave her another one. "Mmm! This smells good too. I'll eat it too. I really like this stuff," she said.

CeCe likes watermelon!

One gray and gloomy evening. My sister was making a watermelon fruit salad. It was a very gray day, and I wasn't very happy, until something happened. My sister carved the initial of my first name in the watermelon rind. It letter on it was red and the rest was rind. She saved off the red so it looked so nice. I convinced her to then make a "C" for CeCe. So I put it out where CeCe was sitting. She sniffed it. "Oh, this smells good she said to herself. Mmm! This does smell good. Let me taste it. No one will really mind. I don't take big bites." Lick! Slurp! Lick! Slurp!

Then something happened. Something was wrong. The "C" on the mellon rind was gone. " Oh, I didn't want that!" CeCe didn't get anymore watermelon because we had to make the fruit salad. The sun came out and it was a nice, happy day.

CeCe Likes Honeydew!

Last night we had a honeydew melon. It was a very good honeydew. CeCe got a rind. She sniffed it. She sniffed it again. It smelled pretty good. She licked it. She slurped. She slurped it again. She said to herself, "Mmm! This is much better then all the melons I've had before. It's juicy. This is absolutely wonderful. I wonder if there is more?" And there was more! She wasn't sure it was the same thing thing though. So she licked it and slurped it, and ate it until it was all gone. But then there were more pieces. And CeCe hasn't had any more melon since then.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's a smart cat that likes all those melons!