Thursday, February 28, 2008

How to Make a Pot

Last year Mama got a wooden pot maker. We started making newspaper pots with it to grow seedings in for our garden. Here is how you can make them.

1. Buy a wooden pot maker. Get some newspaper.
2. To make three pots, use one page of newspaper.
3. Cut a 4 inch strip of newspaper.
4. Roll it around your pot maker. Leave some hanging off then. Fold the excess newspaper down over the bottom of your pot maker. Press the top part with the newspaper on it, onto the bottom part. Press and turn.
5. Take it out, and tape up the sides.
6. Put soil in it and plant your seed.
7. Water it and let it grow.
While we were were hearing a story, I decided to make these pots, and grow something, because it is getting close to spring. I got one page of newspaper. I cut it and put it on the pot maker and made three pots. Then I got some soil and a seed package. The seeds are Sweet William Seeds. I like Sweet Williams. They are pretty. I planted two seeds. One on each side of the pot. I put the pot in the window sill.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made some seed pots. It reminded me that I should make some, too. Good idea! I think spring is very, very close, don't you?. Soon all kinds of plants and critters will be waking up to spring, including your friend "Mr. Dandelion".

Teresa said...

What a great idea! Where did your mom get the pot maker? I can't wait for spring (even though I think it has begun). Enjoy your Sweet Williams....make a post when they bloom.
Auntie T

Heidi said...

How fun! I would like you to teach me how to do that someday...maybe while we wait for the seed balls to dry. :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting making your own little plant started pots. I wish I could be making them with you!

Auntie K

artificial lawns said...

Working in clay is a pleasure, and so much so that it may just verge on being a little sinful. You know the great feeling you get moving and molding his wonderful material in your hands.