Friday, February 8, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday - Hearts and Cards

I made pink fleece for CeCe my kitten. I got some fabric scraps. I used a heart pattern Mama had. Then I started sewing away by hand because Mama says I'm not old enough to use a machine yet. It took me 4 days to do it. I made one mistake though. I didn't turn it right side out. So you have to see the edge and stitching, but I don't think CeCe will mind.

I've given it to CeCe and she really likes it. She likes to sit on it, or lay on it, or curl up on it and take a nap.

I made a card for Mama. I wanted to do something with paper because my sister was doing things with paper. I cut out a piece of paper and glued it on another piece of paper. Then I cut out a heart and glued it in the middle. Then I cut out 4 small hearts and glued them on. When Daddy finished reading me a story, I gave it to Mama. She liked it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your kitty will enjoy the heart whether it's inside out or not. :-D

Anonymous said...

Forest,
Looks real nice I can tell you worked long and hard on it and you did not give up. Good going!

Teresa said...

Your very sweet to CeCe and your mama. Happy Heart Day.
Love,
Auntie T

Mom2fur said...

You did a wonderful job! I bet Cece feels nice and cuddly when she uses her pillow.
I have two cats, a dog and two ferrets--and they all like comfy things, too!

Ginny said...

You did a wonderful job on your projects. You can't even tell it's inside out. I bet your kitty will play with it a lot. What a lucky mom you have to be getting such a lovely card. I'm sure she will treasure it. Thanks for sharing your craftmanship.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/proverbsfamily/

Shady Gardener said...

Forest,
Sometimes when we think we make mistakes, it turns out better that way! Did your kitty like her valentine? I'm sure your mom did! It's beautiful.