Friday, January 25, 2008

My Tree Frogs

Last year in March, my friend (a girl) gave me a frog. It was a pacific tree frog. I loved him. I thought he was so much fun. His name was Jay.

Then one day when I was playing outside I found a frog. I thought he was the cutest frog on earth. I decided to name him Swimmy. I took him inside and put him in my terrarium with my other frog. They had a good time together. After a few more days, I was out playing again and I found a frog. He looked almost exactly like Swimmy, but I thought he was a little fatter. I thought his stomach looked like a bathtub, so I called him Tubby. I had fun with Tubby and Swimmy and Jay. I made them a tree loft in the terrarium, and I put a rock and some moss in there too. The frogs liked hiding under it and sitting on it, as you can see in the picture at the top of the page, with my blog title. The frogs liked swimming too. Swimmy and Tubby seemed to like it the best, because Jay was a little bigger them them. Swimmy is the one on top, the other one is Tubby. (Jay isn't in the picture, so you can only guess what he looks like. I didn't take any pictures of Jay.)

Sometimes the frogs sat on each other. I thought that was funny. Sometimes they chased each other. It looked like they were playing tag. Sometimes they got tired and just sat there. Most of the time they were playing. They loved to play. They would climb the wall or swing on the screen ceiling. They put their fingers in the holes and climbed around upside down or swung. They were so much fun. I really liked them.

But then I had to let the free because I thought they would be happier outside. I kept them for just about a month.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Dear Forrest Zoo,
I love hearing about your enjoyment of God's creatures. I enjoyed your story of your tree frogs. It was nice to let them back out in nature. Thanks for your compliment on the tiger pictures. It was fun taking their pictures. I hope your having a frog hoppin' day.
Love,
Aunt T

Shady Gardener said...

Forest Zoo,
Thank you for telling about your frogs. My son had a huge toad in an aquarium when he was about your age. Every day he would look outdoors in the grass for small grasshoppers and other things for the toad to eat.

It's a wonderful experience to care for and observe animals for a period of time. You will learn a lot and have fun, too. The Lord provided much diversity in this world. (If you don't know that word, look it up. It's a good one!) ;-)

Auntie K said...

Loved you story about your frogs

Auntie K

Ralph Stirling said...

I really like your blog! it is cool! Keep it up!!!

TJS