Monday, January 28, 2008

The Big Snow

Yesterday, it snowed. The flakes were giant, about 1/2" by 1/2". We got two inches and then we went out to play. We went down the hill, and sledded on the hill. Then we went and saw the snow in the creek. We snow in our sled and pulled it up and down the stream. Then we went back up the hill, because we were cold. After a while, we went outside again. By then we had five inches. We went sliding and playing. We decided to build a snow fort, but then we gave up. Then we went inside. We ate our supper, and then we outside. It was eight inches deep now! It was dark when we went out. We played for a while then we went in. We had bedtime stories and went to bed.

I really like the snow. It is really fun to play in the snow. It was the deepest snow in four years. It was fun to sled on the hill and do things with the sled in the snow. The snow was so deep I could even go sliding down the patio steps. Once I even went sliding down the hill, and I had to go climbing back up the hill in the eight inches of snow. It was very hard. The snow was so deep you could even bury yourself in it. I thought the snowflakes were the biggest ones ones I had ever seen. One even seemed to be about 1 inch across. Later, the flakes started getting smaller and smaller. Then we had small flakes for the rest of the day. The weather report says we are supposed to get snow, snow, snow. I'm very excited about the snow and can't wait to play in it again.

We scattered some seed for the little birds and they came and ate it. I might write about them sometime.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh what great fun! How exciting...I wish we got some snow like that here....Glad you had fun! :)Love, Auntie T

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love your story it made me want to go play in some snow oh to bad I forgot we dont have any snow.
It would be fun go go outside and play with you and your sister.

JR is sick today he is sad he dident have to go to school to day did you have school with all that snow? I think maybe you got it done real fast. That is what I would have done.

Auntie K

Pamela said...

I nearly went "sledding" accidentally on our sidewalk.

Then I put my Yaktrax on. That helped.

I hope we get some more snow --

Heidi said...

I thought of you many times all day that day! I gave up on building a snow fort, too.

Anonymous said...

How old were you when you started liking to sled? My little girl is one, and she likes to be pulled in the sled, but she doesn't like to go down hills yet.

William said...

I remember when I was pulled on a sled when I was three. I think I was six when I went down a hill by myself.