Friday, November 21, 2008

Toad-A-Lee Bumputy

We went on a camping trip in Idaho, and I found a toad under a brick. I had to convince my mother that we should keep him and she finally agreed. We took him home and put him in a cage. I fed him a worm. I tried to feed him a fly, but toads can't climb like frogs, so he couldn't get a fly. The fly prefers the ceiling of the cage. He likes worms very well. They are very tasty things according to him. I named him Toad-A-Lee Bumputy, because he has bumps all over him.

My friend that was with us when we went camping, likes him. She likes all kinds of animals too. She took care of him when we went on a trip.

Toads are fun to play with. They are very funny creatures. This morning when I was trying to feed him, he didn't want to get off of my fingers. He has a very strong grip. He has claws that are somewhat sharp. He decided that he liked my hand much better then where I fed him. I finally made him get off. Then I fed him some mealy worms and put him back in the cage. You can buy mealy worms at the pet store. You can raise them yourself. They will turn into beetles, lay eggs, and then you will have more mealy worms. Toad-A-Lee Bumputy likes meal worms. Sometimes when he eats them he sticks out his tongue and tastes them first before eating them. I think he is afraid their stale. I would do the same thing if I were him.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I do believe I would like to be better acquainted with your toad. Sounds like a charming fellow.